Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother's Day and Other Shenanigans

Since it's been a week, I feel like I'm coming close to the statute of limitations for writing a post about Mother's Day so here we go. Mother's Day was really great! It was an all-church (aka mega church) day so we had church in the evening, which translates to not having to get up in the morning and rush about. YAY! Then Justin took the boys on a guy trip so that I could have some actual alone time (as opposed to alone-but-they-may-wake-up-at-anytime-from-their-nap time). Then the boys and Justin gave me one of those adult coloring books with some fun skinny markers and some candy. Let me tell you, the adult coloring thing is addictive and awesome. I love it!!

I tell you what, there aren't many things cuter than watching your two little boys carry their presents to you. Levi brought me the candy and said, "Happy birthday Mommy! I want some!" Haha! He was so caught up in wanting some sugar that he got his special days mixed up. What a cutie!

For church that night, I was assigned to read a scripture during worship time. Having never actually done this I was actually really nervous! Ha! But it was so great to be able to really participate in the service in a meaningful way like that. Lincoln didn't want me to put him down, so he sat on my hip while I read. I thought of him as my little moral support.

As far as other shenanigans go...

I put a flower bed around the base of our mailbox and planted my Zinnia sprouts there. Since I took this picture the sprouts have obviously grown and I've spread them out a little bit via some risky transplantation. Levi was very excited about the flower bed.



Also, this was in our garage when I went to go work on the flower bed. It was a GIANT garter snake. I had to call animal control to come pick it up for me. 


In the world of Lincoln, I think he's starting to say "Done" because he always says what sounds like that word whenever he's finished eating and sometimes when I go in to pick him up from his nap. He also says "Kiss," which he pronounces "Tiss," and which is usually accompanied by lots of open-mouth kisses. Sweet thing! He's also rockin' it in the solid food arena and, if you'll notice, I gave him what I usually call a "Nazi haircut." You know...those 40s-style pompadour haircuts. They remind me of the Hitler Youth, but I have to say, it looks rather dapper on our littlest one.





This is one of his favorite new toys. One of our neighbors gave it to us. 

Levi's being the same old goofball, but he really is getting particularly sassy. The other day he asked me to fix his milk cup because "it squirted" (??) so I did what I always do, which is take off the lid, look at the bottom of it, and then screw it back on. This time though, he didn't buy it. He gave me his first ever tight-forehead look...think Resting B Face...(below on the right). Sassy Pants McGee.


Sleep hair!




I love that Lincoln's sneaking away a green circle in this picture. Haha!

The three of us played with water in the backyard this week and it was quite a hit. We had a good time scooping and pouring and making waves. Levi started to "wash" his slide by carrying cups of water over to it and pouring them on top. He also filled up a cup with water and brought it to me saying that he got me a cup of cold water to drink. He then tried to get me to drink it by putting it right up in my face...There are many things I will do for my son, but drinking dirty hand water out of a dirty cup is not one of them. Sorry bud.




I showed Levi how to blow bubbles with crazy straws. He thought it was super cool, which it totally is.


There was also some brother time in the hamper yesterday that was just too sweet not to document...


And finally, I'll leave you with this little nugget from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which I just finished (it's so good every time!!):

"We're all human aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

Truth. (And whoever says fiction is pointless isn't reading it enough.)


No comments:

Post a Comment