Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lincoln's One!

I keep not posting for long periods of time...sorry guys!

So much has happened over the last month and I have so many things to talk about (new tattoos, more home improvements, milestones for both boys), but by far the most fun is the fact that Lincoln turned 1 on July 23rd!! Get ready for some pictures y'all!

One of Lincoln's favorite things to do is make music. He likes banging on his xylophone, he loves shaking his jingle bells (while I sing "Shake Shake Shake" of course), and he even likes to sing on occasion, though of course the tunes and words are all of his own invention. Because of this, I thought it would be fun to throw a music-themed party, so there were kazoos and flutes and a music note cake. Haha! Kid parties are kind of the best!


Even though Lincoln's neat eating disappointed my mom's hopes for a cake-in-the-hair moment (haha...apparently I just breed clean eaters cause Levi doesn't really make messes like that either), I think he had fun eating his first piece of birthday cake.









And of course, we opened some presents...





 Clearly big brother wanted to help Lincoln unwrap (and play with) all of his presents. Haha!





 Just like when Levi turned one, I made Lincoln a toddler-sized (aka not tiny) tagged blanket. Lincoln's is aqua and olive. Spunky colors for a spunky kiddo.

 And yes, I chopped off all my hair. It's actually even shorter now, but that's for another day...


Sometimes it take 4 people to unwrap a present. Justin's actually dipping Lincoln into the bag so he can grab the tissue paper and pull it out. 



Now that he's one, I've been working on weaning Lincoln. As of today, he only drinks mommy milk at night (like the middle of the night...whomp whomp...). He really had no problem switching to cow's milk. This week, he drank an entire quart of whole milk all by himself in 5 days. 5 DAYS! A QUART! These boys are already eating us out of house and home! 

Lincoln's not walking yet, but he pulled up to standing all by himself the other day and can slowly cruise around the furniture. He's also really trying to talk. He says, "What's this?" and "To read." (Wahziss??...Tooweed!!) Such a sweetie! 

He's also growing a bunch. At his 9-month wellness check-up, our pediatrician mentioned that if he didn't start gaining more weight, we may have to supplement his diet because he was so tiny, but now he's all the way up to the 22nd percentile in weight!! Hey-O! I know it's still tiny, but it's so much higher than what he was, so that's really exciting! I mean, it makes sense...you read how much milk he's drinking...

Hopefully I'll be posting again soon! I'm writing this while I watch the Olympics, so maybe I'll do that again later this week. :-D


1 comment:

  1. Love seeing these little munchkins grow up virtually! And love your hair - I've got a short 'do, too, and love it!

    ReplyDelete