Friday, November 4, 2016

Halloween!

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been forever (once again) since I've posted anything, but don't worry, I'm just going to be writing about Halloween...so no long novel post this time!

Because Levi is 3 now, I figured he could probably pick his own costume this year, so he decided he wanted to be a red horse. Not sure where that came from, but hey. Haha! I decided that Lincoln might as well be a horse too, so he was a gray horse. I made their costumes from sweat suits and yarn and they actually got some good wear. We got to go trick-or-treating twice and then Levi also did a Halloween parade during gymnastics class so he got to wear his costume three times. I'm pretty confident that most people either weren't sure what he was, or they thought he was a demon, which is unfortunate, but also inevitable because how on earth am I supposed to make a convincing horse costume that's red? haha! Oh well. He loved it and that's what's important.





The first time we went trick-or-treating was at Baylor. We got to go in one of the residence halls (Penland) and participating students sat in their doorways and passed out candy. We did this last year in lieu of regular trick-or-treating and had a good time then too.



Here are some pictures of the "parade" during Levi's gymnastics class. They basically all just dressed up and walked around the perimeter of the floor in a large circle to "You're the One that I Want" from Grease. Haha! It was super cute though to see all the kiddos dressed up and proud about it. Halloween's most definitely the cutest holiday. Easter is a close second (I mean...hello egg hunts!).


Levi's friends. Haha!

We also went actual trick-or-treating this year for the first time. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! Levi was super into it and after about 2 houses was not shy at all. He also did a good job of saying thank you, which was cute and made me a proud mama, and he complemented two people, one for their decorations and the other because he liked their porch (because it had red bricks...). It was also really neat to meet people in our neighborhood. Lincoln enjoyed riding in the wagon. He'll be able to ask for candy next year, but like I told him, you have to be able to walk to trick-or-treat. Sorry babe. They were however, clearly very excited...




I had Levi turn around to model his costume. See? From the back he looks like a horse, right? Haha!

And finally, we went to the pumpkin patch. We've done this every year since Levi was born and it is definitely a Hardegree family tradition. We usually go the night before Halloween and pick out a pumpkin, but since Halloween was on a Monday and the pumpkin patch is at a church, they had closed up shop the night before so that they weren't working on a Sunday. Bummer. But we took pictures anyway and there were quite a few other people there to do the same thing, which was pretty funny. We then headed over to HEB to snag a couple small pumpkins for the boys.



So much Halloween fun! I hope y'all had a good Halloween too! :-D 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment