1. Every week we go to Toddler Time at the Library downtown. Ms. Vivian leads songs, dances, and activities that circle around different themes. Last Wednesday she threw an Easter party so we got some snacks before Toddler Time began! This of course meant that this week Levi asked for food as soon as we sat down. Bah!
2. Last week we all did fingerprinting for the first time together. Levi had done it a few times before by himself, but Lincoln got to paint this time too. Their different personalities shined through when we did this because Levi, who has always been hesitant about fingerprinting, kept his colors pretty well separated, while Lincoln went for it without question and made a big rainbow swirl. Levi also preferred to use popsicle sticks, while Lincoln was all about the fingers (and toes...and legs...).
3. Levi woke up with some stubborn sleep hair the other day. I thought it was funny so I took a picture. Haha! This was around lunch time...
4. Later in the week, the three of us went on a walk together through the neighborhood. It was a little chilly so Levi requested a jacket and a hat, but insisted on wearing shorts.
5. Over the weekend, the whole family went on the annual Easter Retreat with Hope Fellowship. They hold it at Three Mountain Retreat in Clifton and it was really beautiful. The weekend was a good time for us to relax, despite getting little sleep (all four of us were sleeping in one room...), and a great way for us to get to know a lot of the people at Hope since it's pretty much the entire community that attends. I came home feeling confident that Hope Fellowship is the right church for us, though it's not really a church. Justin and I talked about this the other day; it's less of a church and more of a community. Very informal, very tight-knit, but not exclusive at all. On Sunday morning, after an Easter service and brunch, there was an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. This was Levi's first egg hunt and he was pumped!!
Levi, full of pre-hunt jitters!
Look at that face! So excited!
6. After we got back from the retreat we had a game night with the Tylers. It had been a while since we'd had them over for a little Settlers and we had a really good time. So good in fact, that we invited them to come with us to the zoo the next day with the boys. Haha! We didn't get any pictures from the zoo, partly because I didn't think about it, and partly because even if I had, it would have been difficult to get one of Levi when he wasn't whining. Poor kid was still tired from Easter Retreat and was acting accordingly. It was good to spend some more time with Joel and Alexis despite the wrath of a tired two-year-old. Yay for good friends!
7. Today (I'm finally catching up to the present!!), we went to Toddler Time again and Ms. Vivian had a special surprise! Someone from the zoo came and brought 4 animals for the kids to see and pet. So fun! Levi, per the usual, was hesitant and didn't end up petting the first three animals. But when he agreed to touch the last one he did it with confidence and a smile and I was so proud of him for overcoming his hesitancy while he still had the chance. We got to see/pet a Possum, a Texas Tortoise, a Blue-Tongued Skink, and a Guinea Pig (which is what you see Levi petting below). Lincoln was super into it and he also got to pet the guinea pig (though I didn't get a picture since I was trying to keep him from pulling the little things fur).
8. Last but not least, I have an herb garden update! After a few days under the germination sheet that came with the kit, my little soil squares started to mold (ugh! gross!), perhaps from over-watering, so I took the tray outside with the intent of throwing it out and starting over, but low and behold, the mold dissipated and some of the herbs started to sprout! YAY! You can see in the picture below the different columns, each of which contains a different herb. The super-hearty column on the left is cilantro. Next to that is thyme. Then the next two columns are still sprout-less...not sure why. Then the final column on the right is basil. This is so exciting!! I'm hoping to start some veggie seeds soon, and then maybe some fruits (berries and figs maybe?) and flowers after that. I'm also starting to research canning, so y'all may be getting some canned yummies from us in the future.
Finally, just so y'all know, I've decided to open an Etsy store at the urging of my sweet and supportive husband. It's called RockAndPetalHome and it's not open yet, but it will have handmade home decor items. I've made 3 things for the store so far and plan on making close to 10 before opening. I'll let y'all know when it's up and running so you can check it out. I'm super excited because it means I can make stuff that I think of, even if we don't have a place for it in our house. Yay for hobbies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment