Saturday, April 9, 2016

Levi's Echo Adventure and Such

I think I'm going to petition President Obama to officially declare April The Month of Insanity and Bludgeoning Exhaustion because goodness. Justin's wrapping up his semester which means reading, papers, and stress, on top of the fact that this month his job takes a ride on the crazy train with big events, countless student interviews, and rallies. With Justin working long hours and doing homework (or more work-work) at home, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep our house modestly clean and our boys alive with less Justin help than usual. Kudos to single parents. Good grief! On top of all this, Lincoln has entered full-on teething mode, which means sleeping has become an adventure as well. So, in summary, fun times at House Hardegree! (I know you're all jealous!)

So amidst all of the chaos, Levi had a follow-up doctor's appointment with a pediatric cardiologist in Temple on Thursday to see if there have been any changes in the function or structure of his heart. After an EKG, an Echo, and another poke for blood work, Levi's heart looks normal! YAY! His platelet count was back down to normal and his inflammation levels have stabilized, so he's in great shape. We're going to go back for another follow-up in about 3 months, but this was great news!! Also, Levi was super brave the whole time we were there. He was extremely cooperative and he only whimpered a little bit when they stuck him with a needle, after which, he sat quietly and watched his blood fill up the vial. Justin and I were both so proud of him.



Lincoln also decided to practice some gymnastics. He got into this position on his own. Haha!

In the spirit of almost all of my previous posts, there will now follow a quick succession of photographs taken over the last week so you can see what we've been up to.

Play-doh time! Levi has been super into play-doh lately, and of course Lincoln's down to join in because it's something new for him to try and eat. 




Just a little proof that the whole sleeping thing has been a little bumpy lately, here's Lincoln at about 9:45PM being soothed by my dad while I finished baking a cake for my friend Christin's bridal shower the next day (which was really great by the way). 


With all the great weather we've been having, the boys and I have been spending a lot of time outside. Levi usually won't cooperate with me when I try to take pictures of him outside, probably because it interrupts his hunt for colorful rocks for his collection, but here are some sweet pictures of Turkey #2.




The other day we went shopping at Target and Levi got to ride in the big part of the cart! Hey-O! I started out carrying Lincoln in my moby, but it was really hot in the store (??) so I decided to let Levi move to the front of the cart so Lincoln could ride too. Levi's response when I asked him if he wanted to sit there: "Ooo ya!! This is SUPER COOL! Woohoo!" He then continued to cheer throughout the rest of our time at Target, when he wasn't busy pointing out all of the stuff we "needed" to buy of course.


Ok...these are just some fun, cute pics of Lincoln. Haha! 


I mean come on...

Sleep hair!

Finally, Levi has been wanting to take lots of selfies lately, and while I'm mildly ashamed that he knows what that is, they make for some fun pictures. I will end this post with a heartfelt welcome to Selfie City...
This eventually turned into a kiss for Mommy! The best!






No comments:

Post a Comment