First of all, I just want to point out that on Saturday he will officially be nine months old! Whoa! I wish he would stay the soft, squishy, cuddly little muffin that he is now, but alas, time moves on and babies become toddlers. I'm sad to see him getting bigger, but I'm excited to watch him grow more independent and develop that little personality of his.
As with all babies, Lincoln is meeting little milestones all the time, so here's a quick run-through of some of the new stuff he can do, plus a tooth count:
- He now has 6, count 'em, 6 teeth! He's got two full-size teeth on the bottom and then 4 teeth on the top in different states of emerging. He is a vampire baby no more!
- He's not crawling yet, but he's definitely getting closer. He can stay up on all fours and shift his weight back and forth. He can also lift one arm with a toy in it while in the crawl position (think of a one-handed push-up, baby style). Plus, the other day he went from sitting to a crawl(ish) position and then back to sitting, so ya. He's getting close.
- He's really starting to copy sounds. He'll make an S sound with me and little toot sounds with his tongue. He also tried to say Moo when I showed him a cow, so that was pretty much awesome.
- Also, Lincoln turned all the pages in a book all by himself!! He went from no pages to acting like it weren't no thang. Get it boy!
- He has also started eating little teething wafers (think rice-puff cookies) for a midday snack which means he's ready for other finger foods! I'm still mostly feeding him with a spoon, but his foods are getting a little thicker and I may try to put some soft roasted sweet potato cubes in front of him to see if he eats it.
- Last, but definitely not least - he can full-on belly laugh now! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment