First, I made plans for the week. This is something I started doing a while ago, but with all of the new stuff on my plate/mind, I had let this slip. As you can see from the rogue highlights, Levi helped me out a little bit.
Then I did a few chores, cause sometimes you gotta do things that you don't wanna do. But Levi made it so much more fun. When I was sweeping the kitchen, he got out the little hand broom and dustpan and helped me sweep, and when I finished, he grabbed the big broom, announced, "Big boys use big brooms," and pushed it around the house. He's pretty awesome.
Next, Levi and I made circles (this is all while Lincoln is sleeping of course...he's not just sitting idly by while we have all the fun). This was the first time Levi sat down to draw with intention and he had a really good time. He wanted to come back to it later, after he'd finished. At one point, he drew a scribble next to some of his circles and claimed that he was making a "P" for poop. That's my boy.
As soon as Lincoln woke up we headed out to the museum. They have a travelling exhibit right now that's The Adventures of Mr. Potato Head and Tinker Toys. It's really great for both boys. They had a lot of fun!
(See his little cheeks? He's smiling at the bubbles! Haha!)
Lincoln still has a lentil dig in store for later today (it's just what you'd think...digging through a bunch of dry lentils), and we'll probably spend some time outside while I take the clothes off the clothesline. As far as how this lines up with things on my list, I'm planning a developmentally-appropriate activity for each of them (every day), we will spend some time outside (also every day), and I'm hang-drying our clothes. That's good for now I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment