1. The boys and I were playing outside the other day and, because I thought it would be cute (and I was totally right), I put baseball hats on both of them. Despite the cuteness, I actually took this picture because I went inside at one point to get Levi's snack, and he walked over and sat next to Lincoln on his own. Brotherly love!
2. This is just a picture I took because it was sweet. All my guys playing games before bed.
3. Lincoln's really been enjoying his jumper now that he's big enough (aka he's strong enough to keep his head from flopping around). Now if only we could get him to crawl...
4. The other day I made some soap foam for the boys to play with. Lincoln had a crack at it by himself at first because Levi was still napping, but eventually big brother joined in. They both really liked smearing it on the floor. (And sorry about including a picture with my finger in it...his smile is just so cute!)
5. I've been working on circles with Levi, (see earlier posts for pictures), and thought I'd include Lincoln as well. I cut some circles out of paper and gave Levi some circle stickers to put on them (you know, the ones you can buy for garage sells and stuff...just solid colored circles). I also gathered a bunch of circular things and put them in a tub for them to explore. This is what Lincoln got to do with his brother. They had a good time (Lincoln really likes pulling things out of boxes), and did ok at sharing for the most part. Honestly, the only time that Lincoln lost it was because I took away the toilet paper roll...he was dissolving it with his drool and then eating it.
Ok, so I also have a few Annelise updates as well (nothing major...don't worry/get excited):
1. You may already know this, but Justin and I are planning on adopting (I hope 2) kids. I was doing some research a while back and was looking at adopting children from Haiti, but both parents have to be 30 to start the process, so I was a little bummed. However, the other day I was doing some research into domestic adoptions and apparently you only have to be 21 to adopt within the state of Texas (go figure...). Yay! Not that we were planning on adopting before I turned 30 (I mean hello! That's this year!), but maybe before Justin does. On top of that, I've really been feeling, despite warnings from a friend who works in CPS, that I want to look into going through the state to adopt instead of a private agency. I know these kids tend to have a more troubled background, but doesn't that mean that they need a solid family more than anything? I dunno...please pray for guidance!
2. Another thing I've been thinking about A LOT over the past couple of weeks is sponsoring a child through World Vision. It just seems like such a simple way to help families in poverty around the world. So I'm hoping to get that going...prayers for this as well please!
3. The Cousins are reading Cannery Row by Steinbeck for the upcoming book club meeting and I just finished it. It was on my list of books to read (mostly because it was listed on a Socialist reading list...I know, I know...), and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I was expecting it to be a little dry because it's written by Mr. Grapes of Wrath (which I also haven't read so I shouldn't have assumed anything), but it was really enjoyable! Here's why I'm sharing this...my favorite part of the book was chapter 16 (spoiler alert!!). It talks about how the people on Cannery Row helped one another when the flu came through. The main thing for me was that the prostitutes that worked in the brothel took shifts to go and sit with the families that were sick to keep them company. There was just something really cool about the image of what most would consider the lowest people in society, lovingly helping those in their community, but also the fact that the community welcomed it. It just stuck with me.
Ok. I can't think of a cute or catchy conclusion, so...That's all!
No comments:
Post a Comment