Friday, February 12, 2016

Some Highlights and a Quick Thought

The boys and I have been doing some fun things over the past couple of days, and while my intention was to do a one-day highlight reel on the evening of the day the initial fun things occurred, I was wracked with a bad tension headache and basically got nothing done for about 24 hours. So, now that I'm headache free and since both the boys are asleep, here are some highlights from the past couple of days with pictures (for the most part!).

1. Lincoln tried baby oatmeal for the first time. Contrary to what this picture indicates, he was not a fan.


2. Levi asked to play with cloud dough while I was vacuuming, which meant I was in and out of the room he was in. When I came back into the room to check on him, I caught him pouring the dough into his hair...it's basically got the consistency of thick flour. So after I took off all his clothes, Levi had to walk around with white eyebrows and what looked like a powdered wig for about 30 minutes while I vacuumed up the mess. Then he took a shower with what he calls, the funny water. (I was too busy cleaning up the flour trail to get a picture of this one...)

3. Levi got all 10 dominoes in his jar (he puts a domino in the jar for doing something good, and takes one out when he has to sit in timeout), and therefore earned a trip to Barnes and Noble to play with the trains. He played while I read several Dr. Seuss books to him and Lincoln. He picked out his shirt by the way.


4. On the way home from Barnes and Noble, a ladybug hitched a ride inside the jeep right above Levi's head. It was all the rage.

5. The weather has been gorgeous lately, so we played in the backyard. Levi was super pumped to be able to take his tunnel outside for the first time (not sure why I haven't thought to do that before...) and Lincoln worked hard on his little puzzle. He also attempted another crawl pose (of course this was forced upon him by me.).




6. While I was cooking dinner, Levi got out my pots and pans and said he was making hot cocoa.


7. I started Serial (podcast) and have been plowing my way through season 1. TRUE CRIME!!

8. We went to the zoo where several people referred to Levi as Batman to their children (odd despite the outfit?) and where Levi felt the need to pose on every bronze animal available. Lincoln also seriously enjoyed the fish for the first time. It was super sweet, but sorry, no pictures.




Enough with the highlights (mostly because I'm typing this 2 hours after returning from said zoo trip). Here's my quick thought: Justin and I have been having A LOT of spiritual/religious discussions over the past several months. This is what predicated our leaving Robinson Church of Christ for the second time and what has motivated most of the major changes we've had in our lifestyle recently (political leanings, green living, financial plans, etc.). We've been visiting an intentional Christian community called Hope Fellowship lately, which I've been pretty excited about, but have felt that Justin wasn't as on board with it. Last night, we got an email that was sent out to the community that had membership reaffirmation information for current members (so not for us, but we looked at it anyway) and while we were looking at them together, Justin got excited too! I really think they are exactly what we are looking for!! Time will tell I guess, but we're both pumped (I think...right Justin?). On our way back from the zoo today, I was thinking about this and it really just hit home how much I love living in Waco. Our one problem with Waco has always been the church thing, but if Hope Fellowship works out, then it will be perfect. The more peaceful pace, all the cool local places to eat and shop, the passion of the Waco community to serve each other...I just love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment